• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

C# Tutorials - For Unity

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Leikaru   Members   -  Reputation: 118

0Likes

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hi. I've been looking for C# Tutorials everywhere, and cannot seem to be able to find any. Could you please tell me a good, detailed C# Tutorial Series. With Unity if you could. I know how to use Unity, just not how to Script, and I really wish to learn them. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Leikaru

As A Beginning Developer, please don't expect much from me.

I'm planning a game to make. Want details? Hmm, maybe later.

Sponsor:

#2 Cdrandin   Members   -  Reputation: 443

2Likes

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

If you know how to read code and understand your language syntax and methods it isn't difficult at all to use any tutorial.  I am following tutorials that use Unityscript and I transfer all my code as Boo. Sure I get bumps on the road like with 'yield WaitForSeconds' should be StartCoroutine for C# and Boo.

Use google, you will find some, but you will find better tutorials being done in Unityscript because it is a popular choice for beginners.

#3 JesseEtzler   Members   -  Reputation: 151

0Likes

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

If you're new to programming I would recommend Javascript (unityscript). It's a lot easier to learn and use.

Unity3D Tutorials with free scripts! https://www.youtube.com/JesseEtzler0

#4 Leikaru   Members   -  Reputation: 118

0Likes

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

I decided to go ahead an start with UnityScript. Cheers, both of you.

As A Beginning Developer, please don't expect much from me.

I'm planning a game to make. Want details? Hmm, maybe later.

#5 6B!   Members   -  Reputation: 149

0Likes

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

As everyone else has recommended, I would go with Javascript in Unityscript to get accustomed to programming. The Walker Boys Studio has extensive information on Unity Development, you would just have to fix a few things to work with Unity 4. Give it a try http://walkerboystudio.com/html/unity_training___free__.html

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS