• Create Account

Calling all IT Pros from Canada and Australia.. we need your help! Support our site by taking a quick sponsored surveyand win a chance at a $50 Amazon gift card. Click here to get started!

Vector Shooter 2D Top-View Arena game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Sparkon   Members   -  Reputation: 436

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Lately i've been working on Vector-Shooter. As the title states it is a 2D top-view arena game, the idea of the game is to provide the player a funny 2d action experience, but unfortunately it turned out to be more a tech demo than a real game, for now i'll be releasing the binaries only, will update the source code later. This because i'm currently rewriting parts of the code that are not well written.

I tried to experiment with a lot of design techniques and algorithms, in fact the game "features" : 
> Goal-Based AI (with pseudo-equations to determine the different state values )
> Multiple pathfinding algorithms ( A*, Dijkstra  )for different purposes.
> Lua integration
> XML loading
> XBox360 controller support
> Game states
& more language specific features

The game technically is almost completed, the big features that are missing are :
> Sound ( i've already written the c++ wrapper for OpenAL and the Engine ), i'm only looking for some music and sound effects
> Graphics ( i'm not really a graphic guy, the assets are 90% made by me, i'll try to replace it as soon as i can.

What i'm working on : 
> Port all XML files to LUA
> Polish gameplay, weapons
> Create more maps
> Fix bugs

DISCLAIMER : "The credit menu button IT'S working, but there is nothing to display" 

Controls : 
ENTER - BACKSPACE - ARROW KEYS : navigate the menu 
ESC : pause the game
WASD : move in the arena
Q - E : switch weapon ( will add number support soon ) 
Left-mouse click : shoot

There are different game modes : 
Night Mode - Day Mode
Different difficulties 
Time limit
Kill limit

The gameplay is what really needs to be polished. 

The project has been compiled using VC++11 ( Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 compiler ) on Windows 7 64-bit.
The game will never ( for now ) run on non-windows platforms because of the XBox 360 controller support.

Download links : 
All the credits for the arts are included in each folder.

UPDATES : 
VS-0.7-MSVS2012-update1.zip > 0.7 version compiled with 2012.1 version of MSVS 2012, in this way it should work on Windows XP.

Here are some screenshoots :
2dqrpj8.png
15hoaox.png
23jpuhi.png

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS