I have some problems with skinning. So, here are the steps i have done to perform skinning.
- When exported, all vertices are already in the reference pose.
- All bone transformations are absolute transformation. (Not relative to parent)
- bone offset matrix = inverse (bone transform matrix)
- bone matrix = bone matrix * inverse (parent bone matrix)
- bone.transformMatrix = bone matrix (as exported)
- Loop through each bone
bone.absoluteMatrix = bone.transformMatrix * parentBone.absoluteMatrix
- Send bone.absoluteMatrix as the bone matrix to the GPU
- Send bone.offsetMatrix (as exported) as the bone offset matrix to the GPU
for each vertex
vec4 tempVertex = [0, 0, 0, 0]
for each bone influencing this vertex
boneMatrix = boneMatrix[this bone] * boneOffsetMatrix[this bone]
tempVertex += (vertex * boneMatrix) * weight[this bone on this vertex]
tempVertex /= total weight
final vertex position = projection Matrix * view matrix * world matrix * tempVertex
So, the skinned mesh is not being rendered correctly and i am not being able to spot the problem but i know the problem comes from the matrices. The weights and bone influences are all right. Any1 can help please?
Edited by princezahee, 16 January 2013 - 10:53 PM.