• Create Account

Help with online contracts

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 782

0Likes

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

So what I want to do is to have an agreement that doesn't give the right to any of my team members to discuss about the project they are working on,share information(you get the ideea).Also,I don't want any of them using any work they create for my project(like a model) for anything else(like selling it to someone else).

rocketlawyer has what I need,but the problem is that I can't find the exact contract that would fit my needs.Can someone help me?

http://www.rocketlawyer.com

Sponsor:

#2 JesseCF   Members   -  Reputation: 152

0Likes

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

What kind of project is this? If this is a serious business venture, you really need to hire a lawyer. If you don't have enough money to hire a lawyer, my guess is that this isn't serious enough to be a business venture, and so is a hobby project, or a first time project. 

If this is a hobby project or a first time project, I wouldn't really worry about this kinda stuff. You can just write up a plain language agreement outlining what you and the other people expect/want from the project, and how to split the earnings in the 1/100,000,000,000,000 chance you make more than $10. 

This is not legal advice, and I am not a lawyer. 

#3 Unduli   Members   -  Reputation: 944

0Likes

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Said 'JesseCF the Enthusiasm Slayer' smile.png

That logic of "if serious then get lawyer, if can't afford then it's not serious" is quite flawed imo.

Should I really spend sizable sum of my quite limited seed capital for legal issues? Even if I have to , I am obliged to look if I can avoid.

People keep saying "ideas are dime a dozen" but it is not always true. It worths a lot more than this if someone have resources to implement it before you or copycat you quickly. Sometimes it is all about being pioneer.

#4 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 21475

0Likes

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

If you want them not to talk about it you would use a non-disclosure agreement.

If you want exclusive ownership of the work you need a collaboration agreement, an employment agreement, or some other method of assigning rights.

You will still need a lawyer to draft them for you.  Even though they are mostly boilerplate there is still a bit of actual work that needs to be specialized for them.

Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS