• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Acoustic Electronic (Work in Progress)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 M4uesviecr   Members   -  Reputation: 419

0Likes

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

This is a track that was supposed to be used in a space game. It didn't get used, but I liked it enough to keep. When I submitted it to the developer, it was still a work in progress. I'm steadily getting used to recording acoustic guitar (well, guitar in general), and I would love some feedback on the entire track, since this is the first time I have recorded guitar and combined it in this fashion. I don't think the climax is open enough, and enveloping enough. I want it to have a kind of engulfing feeling before the mellow ending.

Thanks a lot for those willing to offer feedback (though I feel like a pig for continuously asking for it).

https://soundcloud.com/jasminecoopermusic/spurs-in-space

Edited by M4uesviecr, 18 January 2013 - 08:51 AM.

My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jasminecoopermusic

"The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty, you know you are an artist." Max Jacob

Sponsor:

#2 Kristoff K.   Members   -  Reputation: 207

0Likes

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

I really dig the guitar work! However, in the first half the drums and guitar not always hit in the same moment.

The drums are a bit weak in terms of presence. By all mean, don't change them, as those are very good acoustic percussion bits! Just process them more.

#3 neutrient   Members   -  Reputation: 118

0Likes

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Great tune! Feels a bit strange for a space game - although it would absolutely ROCK if that game was some kind of wild west in space setting - with gritty ships and grittier pilots etc!!

#4 Python Blue   Members   -  Reputation: 151

0Likes

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

My criticisms were summed up by Kristoff K. Very good start, though!

Python Blue - composer available for work

Official Website
Bandcamp

#5 M4uesviecr   Members   -  Reputation: 419

0Likes

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hey guys! Sorry for such a late reply but thanks a ton for the feedback on the piece! I'm currently working on another (one that will be used officially in the game). I may post that up and ask for feedback as well. I seem to be having a difficult time with balancing.

My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jasminecoopermusic

"The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty, you know you are an artist." Max Jacob

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS