• Create Account

Boost with NetBeans under Win (+GLFW question)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aliii   Members   -  Reputation: 1448

0Likes

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

I want to make an OpenGL app that is cross-platform. I thought Im gonna use GLFW.
Since GLFW doesnt support file management I need something else for that, so I thought Im gonna use Boost.
I downloaded Boost but I couldnt compile it ...tutorials are for VisualStudio/Win and Linux and Im using NetBeans and Win.
Maybe its easier than I think thats why I couldn do it:) Can anybody help with that?

+Is GLFW (and Boost) a good choice for what I want? I need to create the GL window(normal/fullscreen), input handling, I need to open files and directories, get the system time .....thats all I think.
Thanks!

Edited by Aliii, 19 January 2013 - 06:19 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Nercury   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 774

0Likes

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

There are many questions in one.

1. On windows, you use VisualStudio/WindowsSDK compiler (MSVC) or MINGW. You can set up NetBeans to do that. I suggest using MSVC.

2. You compile boost and other libraries with your compiler, not with your IDE :)

(I can't answer about GLFW)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS