• Create Account

Fullscreen functionality

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Toshi   Members   -  Reputation: 126

0Likes

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Hey guys,

I am using C++ with the Allegro 5 library for my project, and I have come up against something that I cant find the solution to, it seems easy so perhaps someone could tell me the answer.

At the moment I am creating a display matching my screen resolution, 1920 x 1080, which gives me an illusion of fullscreen - but it is not true fullscreen as the various windows bars still overlap it.

My question is this: how can I enable proper fullscreen functionality?

And a follow up, for computers that wont support 1920 x 1080, can I force the program, when it runs, to choose the highest supported resolution instead?

Cheers,

Toshi

Sponsor:

#2 pinebanana   Members   -  Reputation: 475

1Likes

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

When you're calling al_set_new_display_flags (assuming you are), are you specifying the ALLEGRO_FULLSCREEN flag?

i.e.

al_set_new_display_flags(someFlags  | ALLEGRO_FULLSCREEN);

Where someFlags is whatever flags you want other than fullscreen, such as ALLEGRO_OPENGL, ALLEGRO_DIRECT3D, or ALLEGRO_OPENGL_3_0.

By the way... google and documentation is your friend smile.png.

EDIT:

I found this question on allegro 5 and creating a fullscreen resolution, which has the same resolution as the user's monitor, which you might be interested in.

Edited by pinebanana, 20 January 2013 - 09:08 PM.

anax - An open source C++ entity system

#3 Toshi   Members   -  Reputation: 126

0Likes

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Thanks pinebanana, I had a cursory look through the documentation but my search-fu failed me...

i appreciate the link!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS