• Create Account

J-RPG Style Strings

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 priceofsilver   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking for a kind of string library that is reminiscent of the quality that J-RPG's in the late 90s through early 2000's had for games on the PS1/2, Dreamcast, Saturn etc. In other words, a string library that is not too realistic yet also not terribly down sampled like the SNES was. 

Here's some examples:

I'm guessing these were all done on some midi device? Unfortunately I don't believe I'd have the cash to spend on old hardware sad.png, so am looking if anyone knows of any VSTs/quality soundfonts

Any input would be appreciated!

Sponsor:

#2 nsmadsen   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3902

1Likes

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Depending on the DAW you're using, many of these lower quality sampled instruments come bundled with the program. For example, when I was on Sonar I could find many options to fit these needs. Same with Reason and Logic as well as Pro Tools. What program(s) are you using?

Thanks,

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

#3 priceofsilver   Members   -  Reputation: 110

1Likes

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Depending on the DAW you're using, many of these lower quality sampled instruments come bundled with the program. For example, when I was on Sonar I could find many options to fit these needs. Same with Reason and Logic as well as Pro Tools. What program(s) are you using?

Thanks,

Nate

Hm, didn't even think of that! I use Ableton, and was able to find some decent j-rpg sounding strings in the Tension section. Thanks :)

#4 nsmadsen   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3902

0Likes

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Problem solved!! How shall I bill you?

:P

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

#5 priceofsilver   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Problem solved!! How shall I bill you?

tongue.png

biggrin.png

#6 Nash Music Library   Members   -  Reputation: 107

0Likes

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hi from Japan! We may have similar tracks, try some when you have time. 

http://goo.gl/NaXaX

http://www.nash.jp/nml/news/detail/index.php?news_id=22

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS