• Create Account

I came across a site with eBooks....

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Benderwiz   Members   -  Reputation: 162

0Likes

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

"Hello World!"

I started to get back into Java about a week ago and did a few tutorials. I was wanting to know what would be the best book to start with. I came across this site [redacted by moderator] and was wanting to know if anyone recommends any of these books.

One book that caught my eye was Killer Game Programming in Java by Andrew Davision.

Also note I'm looking to program for WP8. But im at the starting point to learn Java.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by swiftcoder, 23 January 2013 - 09:04 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Inuyashakagome16   Members   -  Reputation: 835

3Likes

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Pretty sure you shouldn't be posting that link in this forum Benderwiz. Considering its a "ebook download" site where you aren't paying for any of the books. 

Edited by Inuyashakagome16, 23 January 2013 - 06:24 AM.

#3 samoth   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5033

3Likes

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

Ugh, that looks like a pretty illegal site.

And worse, an illegal site with low-quality stuff. You know, if you risk a fine, a lawsuit for compensation for damages, or even going to jail, it should at least be worth it... you don't want to risk that for a couple of "Head first" and O'Reilly books  tongue.png

#4 swiftcoder   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 10364

3Likes

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

No posting of illegal warez/downloads on these forums.

There are plenty of legitimate ways to acquire books cheaply (public libraries, used book stores, my personal favourite www.bookfinder.com, etc.)

Edited by swiftcoder, 23 January 2013 - 09:08 AM.

Tristam MacDonald - Software Engineer @Amazon - [swiftcoding]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS