• Create Account

How to load MS3D animation in DirectX?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 steven166   Members   -  Reputation: 234

0Likes

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I am trying to load ms3d animation in DirectX11, but there is a problem that I do not know how to use all matrices because each vertex and normal need to be transformed with a different matrix. In Skinned Mesh tutorial, we need to use the vertex blending but MS3D does not have any information about weights. So how can I transform each vertex and normal in each frame like the way they do in OpenGL?

Anybody has any experience about this problem? Please, help me. Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

#2 steven166   Members   -  Reputation: 234

0Likes

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

Sorry, guys. I got it, there are some extra information including weights at the end of MS3D file. 

#3 johnwhile   Members   -  Reputation: 152

0Likes

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Hi, exactly today i start to write a exporter script for 3dsmax and for a c# editor and i have some issues translating matrices between different coordinates system .

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS