• Create Account

debug current instruction pointer

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 gbadebo   Members   -  Reputation: 124

0Likes

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

hello,   (PROBLEM IS NOW SOLVED, MY ECLIPSE IDE WAS MALFUNCTIONING BUT SORTED NOW BY RE-CONFIGURING)

I set break points.

click debug

then its jumps to a line I never specified (debug current instruction pointer). Fine maybe its trying to tell me something useful here... but it never does and it doesn't allow me to get anything useful as it is stuck there and when i press resume ... it sticks to the same line. Sometimes when i exit eclipse and start again it temporarily dissapears but only for a nanosecond When i really really force it , sometimes a "class file editor" pops up saying "source not found", the rest - i cannot make a any sense of many thanks all help appreciated

Edited by gbadebo, 26 January 2013 - 08:32 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 rip-off   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8109

1Likes

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

What language are you talking about? Have you considered that the program may have crashed on the line the debugger is highlighting?

#3 gbadebo   Members   -  Reputation: 124

0Likes

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

sorry i missed that out. JAVA - Android development

Have you considered that the program may have crashed on the line the debugger is highlighting?

Maybe, but there no way (that i could see) to extract a crash-info (array out of bounds, out of memory...)
any help pls?

Edited by gbadebo, 25 January 2013 - 01:38 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS