• Create Account

Vector Art Format

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vincent_M   Members   -  Reputation: 620

1Likes

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I've been drawing vector art programmatically, and even provided a simple library to batch render vector shapes. My graphics artists and I would like to import vector art from DCC tools, however. I've done some research, and it looks like the SVG would be a great format for both static and animated vector graphics. Is this correct? I see it's XML-based, so parsing it wouldn't be that tedious.

Any thoughts on SVG format?

Sponsor:

#2 Krypt0n   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2505

1Likes

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

I've created a parser an painter for SVG http://twitpic.com/82cun4, it's quite a nice format, but sometimes challenging if you want to triangulate it, it's far easier to just evaluate pixel by pixel while drawing it.

I'm not sure about animation, I haven't seen any tool creating good animation, but I recomment inkscape for static drawings, it's very handy. you can see the source and edit it and watch the changes life, you can vectorize pixel images, you can convert vector images to different kind of vectors, best debugging tool when I saw doing the SVG stuff.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS