• Create Account

Framebuffer - render to texture trouble

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 d0nuts   Members   -  Reputation: 116

0Likes

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Hey everyone! I am working on rendering to textures and am running into some trouble with unbinding the framebuffer object.

Currently, I am generating a framebuffer object, creating two textures (one RGB and one DEPTH_COMPONENT24), attaching the two textures, checking the status which is okay, and then drawing while the framebuffer is bound. Inside of gDEBugger I can see that everything is being drawn to the textures just fine.

However, when I try to bind back to default buffer ( glBindFramebufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, 0) ) the textures get cleared to zero and everything that was drawn to the textures ends up back in the static buffers. Also, I have also tried binding two more empty textures to the framebuffer and everything gets moved to the new textures.

Any ideas why all that data would just jump ship?

I attached a before and after pictures for when I bind the textures to the framebuffer.

Attached Thumbnails

• after.png
  • before.png

Edited by d0nuts, 26 January 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 d0nuts   Members   -  Reputation: 116

0Likes

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

So the problem was using all of the EXT functions and variables instead of the normal ones (ex. glBindFramebufferEXT() instead of glBindFramebuffer() ).

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS