• Create Account

What does the term "Blit" in SDL mean?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 parthibbiswas93   Members   -  Reputation: 160

0Likes

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hello everyone...

For last couple of days, I've been following LazyFoo's SDL tutorials and then I came across this term "blit". I decided to check out SDL's documentation but I could not understand. I decided to just memorize this particular part from the tutorials. But as I progressed, it became a bit harder for me to understand the tutorials. From then onwards I've been itching to know what is "Blit"? :)

Sponsor:

#2 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9603

0Likes

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

First result from google.

#3 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19658

0Likes

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

The simple answer is that it means 'draw'.

SDL_BlitSurface() means SDL_DrawTheSurface().

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#4 EWClay   Members   -  Reputation: 659

2Likes

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

More specifically, it means copying a block of pixels from a source surface to a destination.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS