• Create Account

Problem with compiling devil with Visual Studio 2010

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

#1 yasmin_bd   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Hi,

I am having the following errors while compiling devil with MS Visual Studio 2010 in my windows 7 machine.

In Linker->Additional dependencies , I put the following:DevIL.lib;ILU.lib; ILUT.lib;

I have added include and lib directories under VC++ directories.
 Then I put the dll files under System32 and SysWOW64 directories.
  I don't under what else can be the linking problem.
 Do I need to do anything else?

I downloaded the following from the website: DevIL-SDK-x64-1.7.8

/****************************************************************************************************************************/

Generating Code...

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol__imp__ilutGLLoadImage@4 referenced in function "void __cdeclInitTextures(void)" (?InitTextures@@YAXXZ)

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilutRenderer@4 referenced in function _main

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__iluInit@0 referenced in function _main

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilInit@0 referenced in function _main

1>C:\Users\MYG741\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Textures\Debug\Textures.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved
externals

1>Build FAILED.

1>1>Time Elapsed 00:00:01.26

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

/********************************************************************************************************************************************/

Sponsor:

#2 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7975

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

You downloaded the 64-bit versions - by any chance, are you building a 32-bit application?

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

#3 yasmin_bd   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

yes, i am trying to compile in debug mode on Win32 platform.

#4 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7975

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Well an x64 library won't work then - you need to grab the x86 version instead.

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

#5 yasmin_bd   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

So you suggest me to download DevIL-SDK-x86-1.7.8.zip ?

The one already installed, I tried to compile using x64 platform, but It didn't compile either. Could you tell me why?

#6 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7975

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

No idea; I've never compiled a program using it.  But that aside - if you're building a 32-bit program you should link to 32-bit libraries, and this is true even if the OS is 64-bt.

#7 yasmin_bd   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

I downloaded the 32-bit libraries. The program compiles, but texture is not displayed. I don't know what an be the error. Please provide some suggestion.

#8 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7975

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Run a debug build, step through it, see where things go wrong.

#9 yasmin_bd   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

i can't figure out any error, with download, two version of dll, lib come, one in unicode folder, i m not sure whether there is any relation with that.

#10 yasmin_bd   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I tried to figure out error using the following:

ILenum Error;

while ((Error = ilGetError()) != IL_NO_ERROR) {

printf("%d: %s/n", Error, iluErrorString(Error));

}

It prints as follows:

"1291: invalid extension/n1290: could not open file/n"

I placed the image file in right directory. What does the eror mean?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS