- Crepuscular Rays (God Rays) - shown above
- Automatic shadow map generation for cloud shadows
- Automatic environment map generation for reflections (compatible with our Triton Ocean SDK)
- Large cloud areas using dynamically generated impostors on all platforms
- Fixes to lens flare and multiple viewports
Shadow maps can be generated either for the current frustum, or to enclose all of the cloud layers in the scene. The latter is useful, since you can generate a shadow map for the clouds once and just translate its shadow texture matrix to simulate wind motion - this saves you the expense of rendering new shadow maps every frame. SilverLining computes the matrix for you to transform world coordinates into shadow map texture coordinates. All you need to do is apply the matrix we give you in your shaders, and multiply in the shadow map texture we give you.
SilverLining integrates with any OpenGL, DirectX9, DirectX10, or DirectX11 based game, and we include integration examples for the Havok Vision and Ogre engines among others. A separate indie-priced Unity package is also available in the Unity Asset Store.
Thanks for having a look!
Founder & CEO
Sundog Software LLC
Click here to view the iotd