• Create Account

Dominion

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mak   Members   -  Reputation: 455

1Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Here's the in-game planetary renderer for Dominion kicking out our fake Earth, thanks to the high-res day and night side images available from NASA.

I'm using 4096 x 2048 textures for the day-side surface, day-side normal map, and cloud normal map. I combine specular (for ocean), cloud, and night-side illumination maps into one texture as R, G and B respectively, again at 4096 x 2048.

We're ramping up to our Kickstarter Phoenix pitch and I'm improving the visuals - so I hope you like what you see!

Feel free to pay us a visit at dominion.maksw.com!

RSS : http://dominion.maksw.com/feed/

Click here to view the iotd

Sponsor:

#2 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 18620

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Impressive results, great job!

#3 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19568

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Beautifully done!

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#4 Mak   Members   -  Reputation: 455

0Likes

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Cheers :) The aim is to keep this bar and extend it across the rest of the visuals (now I've got chance) before we repitch. And of course, to keep improving on them!

#5 Tobberian   Members   -  Reputation: 114

-1Likes

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

And of course, to keep improving on them!

Good.. as I see polygons the size of texas in the first picture ..literally. Quite nice otherwise. :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS