• Create Account

Sfml linking problems

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Crusable   Members   -  Reputation: 592

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Hello, i have been trying to link sfml for the last hour and a half and still nothing. I re-compiled everything for VS2012, and i made sure i did everything the tutorials said. However i got the error saying it cannot find the .dlls. I put the dlls in the folder where my main.cpp is and still no luck. Is there anyway anyone can help me. I included a .zip file with the project. I have gotten sfml to work before i'm not sure what is going on.

Attached Files

"C spilled his beer all over C++'s shirt. Outraged, C++ shouted, "Good god, man! Have you no class?"

"Your mother is so fat that the recursive function that was used to calculate her mass created a stack overflow"

Sponsor:

#2 Crusable   Members   -  Reputation: 592

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Nvm, i got it to work. It had something to do with the settings.

"C spilled his beer all over C++'s shirt. Outraged, C++ shouted, "Good god, man! Have you no class?"

"Your mother is so fat that the recursive function that was used to calculate her mass created a stack overflow"

#3 Dragonsoulj   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2009

1Likes

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Just to add this for those that run across this, it sounds like you didn't have it where the .exe you were running was (Debug or Release folder usually).

#4 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 17377

0Likes

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

and i made sure i did everything the tutorials said. However i got the error saying it cannot find the .dlls. I put the dlls in the folder where my main.cpp is and still no luck.

The location of your source files don't matter to the resulting executable. The dlls need to be where your executable is located, like Dragonsoulj said.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                       [Need free cloud storage? I personally like DropBox]

Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS