• Create Account

political undertone

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 proanim   Members   -  Reputation: 437

0Likes

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

I need opinion of someone else on this.

If I am to make a game with a war story in it, and I do mean 'war story' but avoid telling where game is happening, or who exactly is participating in the conflict, or giving any kind of political undertone; just giving some vague idea around this; Whould this be good approach to the story for a war game?

I am currently looking for a way to avoid any kind of political undertone in my game (or religious for that matter).

Sponsor:

#2 powerneg   Members   -  Reputation: 1288

0Likes

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

for a story not relating to (current) reality a sci-fi or fantasy setting usually works better(basically, you still have any political/religious(/moral?) things in the story but make them up yourself, if you want the story to still take place in current reality you can just make up a few coalitions that fight for this or that though.

#3 proanim   Members   -  Reputation: 437

0Likes

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Well I was looking to put the story in maybe 20 years in future or so, so I can have some plausible story, but I still don't want to step on anyones toes since you make enemies through politics. Making up fictional coalitions is not a bad idea (it was used many times) but then I may have a problem presenting a story in a way so the player can say something like 'ok, that seems reasonable'.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS