• Create Account

+0 rating - Huzzah!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21008

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Every now and then, I notice I get a +0 rating and was confused about what it was.

I get a +0 whenever someone with an extremely low rating rates me up, since their impact is increased/decreased with their rating.

I suppose this really isn't a bug or a suggestion, and is very minor anyway, but I just thought I'd mention it, incase y'all staff people were wondering where all them zeroes were coming from and thought that they might've been a bug.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

Sponsor:

#2 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 9281

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Every now and then, I notice I get a +0 rating and was confused about what it was.

I get a +0 whenever someone with an extremely low rating rates me up, since their impact is increased/decreased with their rating.

I suppose this really isn't a bug or a suggestion, and is very minor anyway, but I just thought I'd mention it, incase y'all staff people were wondering where all them zeroes were coming from and thought that they might've been a bug.

Look at it this way - a troll upvoted you.

Wait, is that a good thing or not?

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

#3 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21008

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

That depends entirely if his Vote +0 is enchanted or not. In the meantime, I'll stick with my Staff of Fire +4.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#4 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8278

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Got a +0 once and on checking I noticed that it was a +3 and -3 in fairly quick succession; the forum software no longer seems to do this but I thought it was amusing at the time.

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

#5 MrDaaark   Members   -  Reputation: 3555

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

That depends entirely if his Vote +0 is enchanted or not. In the meantime, I'll stick with my Staff of Fire +4.

What good will that staff do against a troll's natural flame retardant ability?

You gotta use what I use. The big blunt object of +10 honesty and common sense.

<a img src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UIPJV5OjK9Y/TbKAUutIMnI/AAAAAAAAAc8/_xl-a5xehK0/s640/bam+bamm+and+sam+copy.jpg">

Edited by Daaark, 31 January 2013 - 09:17 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS