• Create Account

glsl devil issue

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 harshman_chris   Members   -  Reputation: 184

0Likes

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

So I am trying to use glsl devil but it crashes on a call glTexImage2D because the bits value is a <Bad Ptr>, this doesnt happen in visual studio 2010, the working directory is set right otherwise the shaders would not load before this.

I am at a loss to why this is happening.

Any thoughts, anyone had experience with this happening before?

Sponsor:

#2 __SKYe   Members   -  Reputation: 981

0Likes

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

If it crashes on glTexImage2D() then the problem should be that the texture was not loaded correctly, and as such the data pointer is invalid, so this as nothing to do with GLSL.

Did you check if the texture was loaded correctly from the file?

Check if the path is correct, and also check for errors after loading the texture.

Also, check http://content.gpwiki.org/index.php/DevIL:Tutorials:Basics if you're having doubts.

#3 harshman_chris   Members   -  Reputation: 184

0Likes

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

glslDevil not Dev Image Library

#4 __SKYe   Members   -  Reputation: 981

0Likes

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Sorry, my bad...

#5 harshman_chris   Members   -  Reputation: 184

0Likes

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

So I realized this issue is because glsl devil doesnt support higher than OpenGL 2.1, so I am not longer using it.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS