• Create Account

strategy game with map and charaters in sfml ?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 dineshswamy   Members   -  Reputation: 112

0Likes

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

is it possible to build a game , that ll look like AGE OF EMPIRES with characters and map , in SFML ? i m starting from scratch ,  map is ready .  i want certain characters in the game to be bots . am i on the right way ? or should i hack an existing SFML game , and rebuild the game logic ? if anything is there let me know ?

Sponsor:

#2 archanian   Members   -  Reputation: 247

0Likes

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

Yes this is completely possible using SFML, I am doing this exact same thing, building a 2D tile-based strategy game using SFML. So far I've found it to be a really good library to use for this purpose. Good luck in your efforts!

Edited by archanian, 02 February 2013 - 02:34 AM.

#3 dineshswamy   Members   -  Reputation: 112

0Likes

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

oh thank you ....  i guess you are using ARCH LINUX ... dont you ? cause i m a archian too..laugh.png

#4 archanian   Members   -  Reputation: 247

0Likes

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Ahhh, well played sir :)

If you have any samples of your game or concepts you are working through, I would love to see/hear about them :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS