• Create Account

Move object freely around sphere in Unity3D

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 DiscGolfer17   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

I have a ship centered at the screen with a radius of 10 from the center of sphere located at (0, 0, 0) ... I am using the standard on-screen Joystick provided in the Standard Assets (Mobile) package of Unity. Can someone help me figure out how to allow the joystick to move the ship around the sphere by a specified radius? I currently have the joystick controlling the angle the ship is rotated at but I can't seem to get it to move the ship in a correct orbit.

Sponsor:

#2 Cdrandin   Members   -  Reputation: 443

0Likes

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

You will have to use way points to know where exactly it should travel or create an algorithm to move along a desired motion.

Or actually it can be done easier thanks to Unity. http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/20536-Moving-camera-on-a-circle-path

Edited by Cdrandin, 02 February 2013 - 08:37 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS