• Create Account

Game Name - need help

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

#21 Woland   Members   -  Reputation: 372

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

I read all the ideas and if I had to choose one, Shift would be it. I can't come up with a better one myself. It seems to nicely combine all the aspects of the game you have mentioned and it is one strong word. When choosing a name, you need to think of the logo and how it will look. It is way easier to design strong logo with one word than with more words.

Example - Blizzard has Diablo, StarCraft, Warcraft - three strong, one-word titles. WoW is still basing on the Warcraft logo, exposing Warcraft the most, cause Warcraft was a stronger brand when the logo got designed. If they weren't using an already well-known IP for their MMO, I can assure you, they would choose a one-worder.

Want to learn more about the industry? 

games making noob

gamedev newbie's peek inside.

Sponsor:

#22 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10159

1Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Control Shift

Shift Delete

Enter Shift

Alt Shift Delete Control

Wuzzy

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#23 minibutmany   Members   -  Reputation: 1678

0Likes

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Intergalactic Escapade

Empire Above

Astrogalactrahypertron XIV: The Stars Above(Legacy Edition)

Stay gold, Pony Boy.

#24 EricMarsh   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Well, if everything is so toss-up, why not stick close to the base?

It's a sandbox kind of experience?

"Starbox".

Not only is it familiar when considering game-types, but it's just one letter shy of a multi-million dollar franchise without getting anywhere close to Nintendo's game design.

#25 Opwiz   Members   -  Reputation: 293

0Likes

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Red Space

#26 ShiftyCake   Members   -  Reputation: 569

0Likes

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

Shay, as in the creator of this topic, I would appreciate you giving a definite answer to the following:

Do you have a name for this game, or do you not?

Without a definite closing statement, this is still being posted on, posts that may be unnecessary.

If, at any point, what I post is hard to understand, tell me. I am bad at projecting my thoughts into real words, so I appreciate the knowledge that I need to edit my post.

I am not a professional writer, nor a professional game designer. Please, understand that everything you read is simply an opinion of mind and should not, at any point in time, be taken as a credible answer unless validated by others.

I do take brief bouts of disappearance so don't worry if I either don't reply to you or miss certain things. I am quite a lazy fellow.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS