• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Facebook application

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 shaklin   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hello fellow developers,

I am a newbie developer who has little bit of knowledge in creating games, i was just wondering if anyone could tell me about which languages are used to create an facebook application, or combinations, and also please explain how is it different from normal games if there is a difference.

As far as i know

For front end - HTML, CSS or javascript

Serverside scripting - php

Backend - Mysql, or ms- sql

and facebook api

Sponsor:

#2 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22231

0Likes

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

It is simply a program that uses the Facebook API.

The api does not really specify host languages. Use whatever language you are able to. Facebook apps are raw html / javascript, others are very heavy Java or Flash applications, and there is everything in between. What you use within your app or use as your backend is up to you.

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I write about assorted stuff.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS