• Create Account

Why can't I acess a process?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 demongunsman   Members   -  Reputation: 136

0Likes

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

As you can see in my code I included System.Diagnostics. The purpose of this program is to get the current process and output it to the console. I am trying to access Process.GetCurrentProcess    on line 14  .  Also, as you can see, I can only access Process.Program   . Why is it that I can't use:

Process.GetCurrentProcess(); and all of the other functions of the Process Class.

166nq81.jpg

Sponsor:

#2 fastcall22   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3996

3Likes

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Because your program's namespace is also called "Process", you'll need to use "System.Diagnostics.Process" to resolve the diambiguity between System.Diagnostics.Process and Process.

TL;DR: Don't name your program "Process".

WW91J3ZlIGdvdCBhIHNlY3JldCBib251cyBwb2ludCE=

#3 demongunsman   Members   -  Reputation: 136

0Likes

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Ahhh that seems like a very logical answer. *Voted up* . Yea didn't notice that because the name of the tutorial I am watching is called process. Thank you!

#4 demongunsman   Members   -  Reputation: 136

0Likes

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

By the way, does this function return a string. for example can I do this:

string myString = Process.GetCurrentProcess();

#5 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6966

1Likes

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

By the way, does this function return a string. for example can I do this:

string myString = Process.GetCurrentProcess();

If you google the function and look up the documenation, you can see it returns a Process, not a string.

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS