• Create Account

People keep PMing me thinking I'm a moderator... help?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
51 replies to this topic

#21 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3387

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

It is the red text in your avatar. In the corner of the eyes it is an indication that you are a moderator.

i have to agree with this, when scrolling through responses, the red stands out just enough, that sometimes i mistake corn for a mod.

edit: tbh, your entire avatar kindof screams mod to me, i can't really explain why.

Edited by slicer4ever, 05 February 2013 - 05:27 AM.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Sponsor:

#22 rip-off   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8049

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

If we are going that route, a longer-term solution is to make actual moderator actions confer mod points. Then we should stay neatly on top of the list.

Sounds great. Excuse me while I warm up my ban hammer...

#23 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 18099

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

If we are going that route, a longer-term solution is to make actual moderator actions confer mod points. Then we should stay neatly on top of the list.

+350 Banned someone
+125 ...if they actually deserved it
+150 ...if it was a nes8bit account

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                            [Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

#24 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

It is the red text in your avatar. In the corner of the eyes it is an indication that you are a moderator.

i have to agree with this, when scrolling through responses, the red stands out just enough, that sometimes i mistake corn for a mod.

edit: tbh, your entire avatar kindof screams mod to me, i can't really explain why.

Dang. I got it from this gif (after almost using something from this gif). Anyway, how's my avatar now?

+350 Banned someone
+125 ...if they actually deserved it
+150 ...if it was a nes8bit account

I seriously laughed out loud while sitting in the engineering building at school.

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#25 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3965

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

after almost using something from this gif

Hahaha, there was once upon a time (like, 6 years ago) when I couldn't stop laughing at that gif.

I wonder where it came from...

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

#26 rip-off   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8049

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Anyway, how's my avatar now?

I love it ;)

Edited by rip-off, 05 February 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#27 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3387

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

Dang. I got it from this gif (after almost using something from this gif). Anyway, how's my avatar now?

yep, can't see myself mistaking you for a mod anymore=-)

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#28 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

I love it ;)

You suck. I can't stop laughing.

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#29 Casey Hardman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2177

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

If you seriously want people to know you aren't a moderator, you could use something like this as your avatar:

#30 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 28574

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

On a similar topic to this, we occasionally get people who click on the "Report" button, and fill out the "Report this post to a moderator" box with a regular reply to a thread, thinking that they've hit a "Reply" button...

#31 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8312

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

Don't you feel the "Mod!" part of your avatar should be... centered? It makes me uncomfortable left-aligned and all unsure.png

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

#32 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

Don't you feel the "Mod!" part of your avatar should be... centered? It makes me uncomfortable left-aligned and all unsure.png

Blame a (real) mod smile.png . I changed my avatar to be:
nomod.png

After which, I was (quickly) "moderated" (does this mean the moderator should get moderator points?) and given the avatar:
100mod.png

I've changed it back... we'll see how long I can keep it ha

On a similar topic to this, we occasionally get people who click on the "Report" button, and fill out the "Report this post to a moderator" box with a regular reply to a thread, thinking that they've hit a "Reply" button...

Maybe the "Report" button should be changed to say "Report to a moderator"?

Edited by Cornstalks, 06 February 2013 - 08:49 AM.

#33 Stormynature   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2706

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

Blame a (real) mod . I changed my avatar to be:

After which, I was (quickly) "moderated" (does this mean the moderator should get moderator points?) and given the avatar:

I strongly resist this Avatar!. My moderation skills are purely thuggish developed from 20 years in prison. Not at all suitable to this care bear forum!

meh: at failure of quote to copy picture

Edit: Mind you Cornstalks you would have been better off directing people to PM Tom....He loves PM's :)

Edited by Stormynature, 06 February 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#34 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

As much fun as we had in this thread, I'm not going to change my avatar image until the Top Members -> Moderator section is... not misleading.

@Stormynature: ha, forgot about Tom's love of PMs.

Edited by Cornstalks, 16 February 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#35 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5164

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Cornstalks, I updated your user group to be more clear.. does this help? =)

#36 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Did we get a new forum? What does an IModerator do? :P

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#37 Stormynature   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2706

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

+1 Michael for successful virtual evil smile.png

Edited by Stormynature, 18 February 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#38 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

I agree with StormyNature, luscious trolling biggrin.png

Edited by Alpha_ProgDes, 18 February 2013 - 08:34 PM.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#39 Stormynature   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2706

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

fixed :) well except that quote thing :o

#40 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

fixed smile.png well except that quote thing ohmy.png

I don't understand. What quote thing? wink.png

Edited by Alpha_ProgDes, 18 February 2013 - 08:35 PM.

Spoiler

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS