• Create Account

People keep PMing me thinking I'm a moderator... help?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
51 replies to this topic

#41 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5245

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

IModerators are an interface for Moderators .. wait a second..

I think we can all agree that clearing up confusion is the most important thing. I also considered "Moderators" as his group name except in a different color then red, because everyone knows that moderators have red tags. "!Moderator" as a group name isn't going to work.

Therefore I am changing it to "Moderator*" and have added a special note at the bottom of every page denoting that the asterisk means not a moderator.

Sponsor:

#42 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8943

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

I think we can all agree that clearing up confusion is the most important thing. I also considered "Moderators" as his group name except in a different color then red, because everyone knows that moderators have red tags. "!Moderator" as a group name isn't going to work.

Therefore I am changing it to "Moderator*" and have added a special note at the bottom of every page denoting that the asterisk means not a moderator.

But then what difference is there between not a moderator and normal users? Clearly every other member should be part of this group too, for consistency. tongue.png moderators everywhere!

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

#43 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6995

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Holy crap you guys I can't stop laughing hahahaha

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#44 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

But then what difference is there between not a moderator and normal users? Clearly every other member should be part of this group too, for consistency. tongue.png moderators everywhere!

Only the top 10 moderator-status members are part of the Moderator* group. They're the Black-Ops division of the Moderator group proper. The rest of us are just regular.

Anyway, congratulations Cornstalks on the promotion!

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#45 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5245

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Moderator* is not camouflage for stealth moderators.. I mean.. come on.. that would be silly. *cough*

Also Cornstalks.. on an unrelated note we're going to be redirecting support@gamedev.net to your personal email address. It's like sipping from a firehose! Thanks man, you're the best at not being a moderator. *wink*

#46 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6995

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Thanks! I feel particularly honored that a special footer was placed on the entire website just for me!

Also Cornstalks.. on an unrelated note we're going to be redirecting support@gamedev.net to your personal email address. It's like sipping from a firehose! Thanks man, you're the best at not being a moderator. *wink*

I'd be more than happy to have you redirect that to my email address! I used my junk email address to register for this site (like I do with 99% of sites), and hence I never check it. So yes, please!

Edited by Cornstalks, 18 February 2013 - 10:36 PM.

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#47 swiftcoder   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 10060

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

I used my junk email address to register for this site (like I do with 99% of sites), and hence I never check it.

I'm pretty sure that about 99% of the email to support@gamedev.net is junk, so that sounds like a good fit.

Tristam MacDonald - Software Engineer @Amazon - [swiftcoding]

#48 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'd be more than happy to have you redirect that to my email address! I used my junk email address to register for this site (like I do with 99% of sites), and hence I never check it. So yes, please!

I was convinced you used your newfound Seal Team Six powers to edit my post. Hmmmmm....

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#49 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6995

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

I was convinced you used your newfound Seal Team Six powers to edit my post. Hmmmmm....

What you talkin about, Willis?ph34r.png

The only powers I have are quote-fail powers...

Edited by Cornstalks, 18 February 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#50 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

The Children of the Corn strike again! (shakesfist)

Spoiler

Spoiler

#51 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3905

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

o god, this is amazing. <3 it!

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#52 Mussi   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1976

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

Haha Cornstalks' avatar picture, love it.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS