• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

What is PxFileBuf.h in Nvidia's APEX?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Boruki   Members   -  Reputation: 683

0Likes

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

Hi,

I wasn't sure whether to post this in Physics or API.. but it's API specific rather than physics know-how so I figured I'd post here.

I'm having issues with integrating APEX in to my project, however I've come across an include for a file called 'PxFileBuf.h' which I cannot find anywhere within either the PhyX or APEX folders.

I can't find anything about this file in regards to PhysX or APEX on Google so I wondered if anyone else had the same issue?  I was wondering if I'm being really simple.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsor:

#2 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 30901

1Likes

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

For me, that file exists at PhysX-3.2.1_PC_SDK_Core\Source\shared\general\PxIOStream\public\PxFileBuf.h

#3 Boruki   Members   -  Reputation: 683

0Likes

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Cheers Hodgman, that's where it is on mine too.  I used MSVC's search from the top of that folder and it didn't find it.. and neither did Windows7's search.

Much appreciated.

#4 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 30901

0Likes

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

I used MSVC's search from the top of that folder and it didn't find it.. and neither did Windows7's search.

Windows search is really quite terrible sad.png  

I highly recommend Search Everything -- I have it bound to ctrl+alt+~, so I pressed that, pasted "PxFileBuf.h" and it found it instantaneously.

#5 Boruki   Members   -  Reputation: 683

0Likes

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

The Windows search seems to be working now.. possible typing error on my part?  I'm not sure!

Also.. is it normal that I have to manually add in every single module in to my include directories in order to use PhysX/APEX?  It seems like a lot of fiddling around for such a large API.  And that's before you even start fiddling around with any physics stuff!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS