• Create Account

- - - - -

Assertion failed on exit with "shared" func

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 thd.MM   Members   -  Reputation: 208

0Likes

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hey,

I have a "shared class" and I need to use a function outside the class. The compiler warns me that I must use "shared" for the function too. I believe this is correct?

However when these functions are "shared" it seems something isn't freed properly because I get this assert on angelscript release:

GC cannot free an object of type '_builtin_function_', it is kept alive by the application

Assertion failed: func->returnType.GetObjectType() != type, file ..\..\source\as_configgroup.cpp, line 191

What am I doing wrong?

Sponsor:

#2 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3220

0Likes

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

The assert happens because for some reason an object type is being removed while there is still a function that returns that type.

It's quite possible that you're not doing anything wrong, instead the bug may be within AngelScript.

However, I need more information to investigate this. 

Just having a shared class calling shared global functions is not causing this, so you have something more than that. Would it be possible for you to create a small test case that reproduces the problem?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS