• Create Account

Fix the Create New Thread and Search functionality?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Basically another thread about XNA dying came out.

And these are the two most important posts that came of it:

There really needs to be some functionality that shows when similar topics already exist.

There really needs to be some functionality that shows when similar topics already exist.

like...and stay with me on this one...a search function?!

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Sponsor:

#2 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3889

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

i've seen a few forums pull up a "related content" based on the text in the topic, usually it's placed below the post/preview buttons.

something like that could be a pop-up when someone goes to create a new post, then they can either click a "post anyway", or select an appropriate topic.

I think if something like that was thrown at people right before they could post, it'll probably severely cut down on the constant stream of similar content popping up(particularly in beginners section)

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS