• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Aeolus Lite Released

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tim Cooper   Members   -  Reputation: 359

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

Aeolus Lite, a free version of my first iPhone game has just gone live on the app store. Play the entire first chapter of levels for free.

Please have a look and let me know what you think: Aeolus Lite

Cheers,

Tim

Edited by Tim Cooper, 12 February 2013 - 04:04 PM.

Tim Cooper - software developer, project manager and aspiring iPhone app developer.

Creative Shadows Ltd - My company website

iTunes Link - Doodlemate - Create animated gif's from your iPhone.

iTunes Link - Aeolus / Aeolus Lite - Land balloons in a simple, fun and slightly addictive game.

Sponsor:

#2 Tim Cooper   Members   -  Reputation: 359

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Right, having looked at a few other Announcements on here I realised there may have been a little information missing from my post. What can I say, the idea of promoting my work and selling/marketing things is still new to me so I'm figuring things out as I go. Guess that's next on the list smile.png

I'd appreciate feedback from other developers to figure out what needs to be improved and things to consider for my next game, so please check it out. It's free after all, and a fun game.

Some friends helped me put the following marketing material together and I've added a few screenshots from various levels in the game.

Aeolus was released just before christmas and now the Lite version is here. Aeolus Lite provides you with the entire first chapter of the game, giving you a taste of the addictive balloon-based fun for free.

Chapter 1 Example

Chapter 2 Example

In the game you play the Greek God of Wind, Aeolus, and must attempt to land balloons on platforms using your fingers to control the wind. A swipe blows the balloon in your chosen direction and a tap sends it spiralling down to the ground.

Aeolus - Chapter 2, Level 9

Aeolus - Chapter 3, Level 4

In the full game the first chapter introduces the basic concepts of playing: how to control balloons, land on the platforms and match symbols for higher scores. The next three chapters add additional features to make thing a lot more challenging (namely obstacles and different balloon types).

Aeolus - Chapter 3, Level 5

Aeolus - Chapter 4, Level 7

The feedback we have had so far indicates that it is addictive, challenging and fun. Testing shows it’s really good at keeping both kids and adults quiet and engrossed.

iTunes Links

Press Kit on Creative Shadows Ltd

Tim Cooper - software developer, project manager and aspiring iPhone app developer.

Creative Shadows Ltd - My company website

iTunes Link - Doodlemate - Create animated gif's from your iPhone.

iTunes Link - Aeolus / Aeolus Lite - Land balloons in a simple, fun and slightly addictive game.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS