• Create Account

DirectX + MFC source?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 767

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

So,I'm planning to create a 2d level editor,and obviously the easiest way would be with mfc.I studied win32 and mfc,but I don't really remember anything about mfc.

Does anyone know where I could find a project that integrates mfc and directx? a 2008+ project would be best

Sponsor:

#2 Schrompf   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 950

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

If you're really sure about using MFC, which is by far the worst solution you could go for, setting up Direct3D for it is simple: create a local frame, retrieve its window handle, and use this to create the device context.

That said, I strongly suggest using a different technology. First, check if the existing tile editors fulfill your needs. Tiled comes to mind, try it. If that doesn't suffice, use a suitable GUI toolkit. I built my editors with Qt, V4.x.x is stable, useful and very comfortable.

----------
Gonna try that "Indie" stuff I keep hearing about. Let's start with Splatter.

#3 Jason Z   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4680

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

You can check out the MFCwithD3D11 sample from Hieroglyph 3, which shows how to use multiple viewing panes for your MFC application.  This uses VS2012 project files, but if you go back a couple months in the SVN commit history you can find VS2010 project files too.

I hope that helps!

#4 blackpawn   Members   -  Reputation: 193

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

here's another vote for you to stay as far away from MFC as you can!!  

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS