No Actual Game

Started by
2 comments, last by WavyVirus 11 years, 2 months ago

Evening All,

I think I've found my groove for now with the sort of things I want to make - little practice projects that demonstrate some physics and/or demonstrate a numerical technique. Also amusing my children for a few minutes is important.

Anyway my latest thing has physics (gravity) and implements a variable sized grid to show the gravitional potential (and looks quite pretty I think). Trouble is there's no actual gameplay, you just click on the grid and add a planet.

Any ideas? It is Javascript and you need FireFox or IE9+ because it uses the Canvas object.

Go to http://www.moonsch.com and go to the Games Links, it's at the bottom called Planets, Pot Noodle.

Advertisement

You're looking for ideas to help turn your app into a game? Is this correct?

I'm assuming you know your physics - Maybe you can turn it into an educational game/app of some sort.

Is there an upper range on gravitation? I can't seem to generate a proper singularity. Even from a dead start adding too many planets in one spot causes them to start flinging outward.

Anyway, how about a game where at the start there's an asteroid and an arrow on the side of the screen showing where a comet is going to come from. You have to place planets and choose their size/mass to try and make the comet strike the asteroid. Bonus points for getting the comet to do loops and tricks?
void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Khatharr's idea sounds interesting. I seem to remeber playing a flash game which worked in the opposite way - there were preset arrangements of planets, and the player had to set the initial velocity of an object such that it would slingshot around and eventually reach a target.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement