• Create Account

No Actual Game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 StratfordCanning   Members   -  Reputation: 160

0Likes

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Evening All,

I think I've found my groove for now with the sort of things I want to make - little practice projects that demonstrate some physics and/or demonstrate a numerical technique.  Also amusing my children for a few minutes is important.

Anyway my latest thing has physics (gravity) and implements a variable sized grid to show the gravitional potential (and looks quite pretty I think).  Trouble is there's no actual gameplay, you just click on the grid and add a planet.

Any ideas?  It is Javascript and you need FireFox or IE9+ because it uses the Canvas object.

Go to http://www.moonsch.com and go to the Games Links, it's at the bottom called Planets, Pot Noodle.

Sponsor:

#2 EmployeeNumber8   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1103

0Likes

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

You're looking for ideas to help turn your app into a game? Is this correct?

I'm assuming you know your physics - Maybe you can turn it into an educational game/app of some sort.

#3 Khatharr   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3002

4Likes

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Is there an upper range on gravitation? I can't seem to generate a proper singularity. Even from a dead start adding too many planets in one spot causes them to start flinging outward.

Anyway, how about a game where at the start there's an asteroid and an arrow on the side of the screen showing where a comet is going to come from. You have to place planets and choose their size/mass to try and make the comet strike the asteroid. Bonus points for getting the comet to do loops and tricks?

Edited by Khatharr, 12 February 2013 - 04:00 PM.

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

#4 WavyVirus   Members   -  Reputation: 735

0Likes

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Khatharr's idea sounds interesting. I seem to remeber playing a flash game which worked in the opposite way - there were preset arrangements of planets, and the player had to set the initial velocity of an object such that it would slingshot around and eventually reach a target.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS