• Create Account

Link to older version of Direct3D libs

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 solenoidz   Members   -  Reputation: 504

0Likes

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

Hello. I'm developing s simple application on  different computers. The first has WinXp installed, the second one has Windows 8 installed. On the first one I have DX SDK august 2007, the second one has DX SDK june 2010. When I migrate the source code between the two, I get shader compilation errors, because D3DX effect compiler has changed. If I only migrate the compiled application it works OK, but if I recompile it under Win8 with june 2010 version it fails to compile the shaders.

Can link to older libraries, install the same version of DX SDK on both computers or else ?

Thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 Jason Z   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3761

0Likes

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

What is it that the effect compiler is giving you errors about?  In general, the compilers have improved significantly from the 2007 era, so if possible then you should address your source files such that they will compile on both systems.  Without knowing specifically which errors you are getting it is hard to tell how big of a modification it would take...

#3 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6328

1Likes

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

I'd be more inclined to advise that you build using a consistent environment on both machines - same SDK versions, save VS versions, etc.

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS