• Create Account

Spam on my profile feed

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 14956

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Profile feed

Spam:

profilefeedspam.png

Is that how relationships get started nowadays? "I want to have a relationship, here's my email. kthnxbai!" laugh.png

Unfortunately for her, I don't date any spambots with such atrocious grammar. It's also amusing that it spelled 'relationship', 'appreciate', and 'communication' properly, but not 'easies ting'.

I wonder how many others got similar messages. Thankfully, it's very easy for us to delete them ourselves, but it'd be even easies ting if the forum software somehow blocked it. tongue.png

Edited by Servant of the Lord, 14 February 2013 - 01:55 PM.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                       [Need free cloud storage? I personally like DropBox]

Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

Sponsor:

#2 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 16208

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

It looks like there are at least 10 others, including staff like Michael Tanczos.

The spammer was already banned for other spams on the site. It looks like some of the moderator spammer-killing tools needs to be adjusted to handle profile feed messages as well.
Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#3 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5037

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Fixed.. had to nuke this spammer directly through the database.

#4 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7025

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

I got one as well. Deleted it immediately, wanted to report but I couldn't find the option, and was too tired to create a thread. Do people actually reply to this stuff? I have to guess yes, otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it.. how desperate do you have to be blink.png (also, the girl in the picture looks underage *and* pregnant, though it's too small to be sure)

Edited by Bacterius, 15 February 2013 - 08:41 PM.

"The best comment is a deleted comment."

#5 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3072

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Servant is so popular that he gets hit on by machines too.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journal: Making a Terrain Generator

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS