• Create Account

Problems after changing a new GPU card

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 superwave   Members   -  Reputation: 200

0Likes

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

My desktop originally installed GTX 480, since we want to do Opengl development, we uninstalled the GTX 480 and installed quatro 4500. However, the computer crashed again and again: 

4ef68.jpg

One day later, we realized we still need GTX 480 instead of the quadro one, so, we re-installed the GTX 480 into the computer. However, the blue screen crash happened again. Then I uninstalled the previous Nvidia driver through (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items)Programs and Features. However, the device manager auto detection told me the driver is still there. Then I downloaded the 480 driver manually, install..... during the installation process, the same blue crash happened again..

How to solve this problem?

Sponsor:

#2 __SKYe   Members   -  Reputation: 1008

0Likes

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Have you tried booting in safe mode, going to Control Panel>Device Manager (sorry if the name isn't exactly this, since my runs in another language) and under graphics cards check if the GTX driver is there, and deactivating it, and then installing the Quatro (or GTX, whichever you want to install now) and activating that?

#3 superwave   Members   -  Reputation: 200

0Likes

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Have you tried booting in safe mode, going to Control Panel>Device Manager (sorry if the name isn't exactly this, since my runs in another language) and under graphics cards check if the GTX driver is there, and deactivating it, and then installing the Quatro (or GTX, whichever you want to install now) and activating that?

Thanks, but it's too late, I am installing the system

#4 blueshogun96   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 876

0Likes

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

If this keeps happening, you might want to contact NVIDIA's customer support.

I hate BSODs... fortunately, I mostly use MacOSX, so things rarely crash or crap out on me.

Shogun.

Follow Shogun3D on the official website: http://shogun3d.net

blogger.png twitter.png tumblr_32.png facebook.png

#5 Nyssa   Members   -  Reputation: 426

0Likes

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Is the BSOD happening when you run an OpenGL application you have built? Or is it happening randomly while just in windows? If it's the former, check that calls such as glEnd actually have their parenthesis (eg, glEnd()). I've seen this happen before when they were missing.

Edited by Nyssa, 16 February 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#6 superwave   Members   -  Reputation: 200

0Likes

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Thank you all, I reinstalled the OS and it works!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS