• Create Account

'the Talk' - when money starts coming in, who gets it?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Violet Sagmiller   Members   -  Reputation: 896

0Likes

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

I'm looking forward to comments from those who have been through this, but interested to hear any one's opinions on it.

An Indie team builds a game.

The had no real discussions on money.

At some point, they decide to release, and suddenly money comes pouring in, however unlikely.

How does the team settle where the money goes?

What I've seen, is that everything is split evenly.

But that doesn't always seem like a good idea.  For instance lets take a random 7 person team.  4 of them are doing a relatively stable amount of work.  2 are exceeding the others, and one was barely available, but still got some work in.  How do you approach those things?

Moltar - "Do you even know how to use that?"

Space Ghost - “Moltar, I have a giant brain that is able to reduce any complex machine into a simple yes or no answer."

Dan - "Best Description of AI ever."

My Game(s), Warp Wars is in early development and can be found here: http://blog.WarpWars.Net.

Sponsor:

#2 Dan Violet Sagmiller   Members   -  Reputation: 896

0Likes

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Realizing that this is not the best area to post this.  But I can't delete it.  

Moltar - "Do you even know how to use that?"

Space Ghost - “Moltar, I have a giant brain that is able to reduce any complex machine into a simple yes or no answer."

Dan - "Best Description of AI ever."

My Game(s), Warp Wars is in early development and can be found here: http://blog.WarpWars.Net.

#3 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9690

0Likes

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

I'm closing it.  I replied in your other thread, before I found this one.  Both are now in Business.

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS