I've been learning c++ and now i'm interested to what it would take to start a basic 3d game engine. Few questions then:
1. would it be good to have c++ & opengl
2. Is there any specific software i need or downloads
3. Where would i start
4. Is there any good tutorials which could start me of
Thanks for any help in advance
Right here's what I did.
2. Go and get GLEW ( google ) and GLM ( google it ). GLEW is me assuming you're using Windows, GLM is capable of basically all your geometry-based math, so you'll want to use that.
3. You start with your first triangle and then you do a crash course on matrices - this is standard opating procedure
4. My favourites are:
- www.rastertek.com. For like, almost everything.
- www.opengl-tutorial.com for everything
Back to 3: Go to opengl-tut site and do the first few, then go to rastertek and do the opengl 4.0 terrain tutorials. After a month or two you'll have something awesome to look at.