• Create Account

How does one recreate the backbuffer in d3d 9?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 782

0Likes

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

Because I don't have experience with d3d9,I don't know how to do it.I tried msdn,but d3d9 is a little bit different from 10 and 11.

Anyway,if I have a pointer to a backbuffer,what's the proper way to resize it in d3d9?

BTW: If you could show me some actual code,it would help a lot!

Sponsor:

#2 NewDisplayName   Members   -  Reputation: 359

0Likes

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Whenever window gets resized, I usually take the following approach. This should work for you as well.

d3dpp.SwapEffect = D3DSWAPEFFECT_DISCARD;

GetClientRect(winh, &winRect);

//Use winRect to calculate winHeight and winWidth.

if(!fullScreen)
{
d3dpp.Windowed = TRUE;
d3dpp.BackBufferHeight = winHeight;
d3dpp.BackBufferWidth = winWidth;
}
else
{
d3dpp.Windowed = FALSE;
d3dpp.BackBufferWidth = (LONG) ::GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN);
d3dpp.BackBufferHeight = (LONG) ::GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN);
d3dpp.PresentationInterval = D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE;
}

D3DDISPLAYMODE d3ddm;
pD3D->GetAdapterDisplayMode(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, &d3ddm);
pd3dpp->BackBufferFormat = d3ddm.Format;

// Call CreateDevice

#3 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7802

0Likes

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

The "official" way to resize the back buffer is to call IDirect3DDevice9::Reset - you will probably also need to do a bunch of work before and after the Reset call - see the Remarks section in the link provided.

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

#4 BornToCode   Members   -  Reputation: 919

0Likes

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

The "official" way to resize the back buffer is to call IDirect3DDevice9::Reset - you will probably also need to do a bunch of work before and after the Reset call - see the Remarks section in the link provided.

You will also need to delete all resources allocated with D3DPOOL_DEFAULT and reallocate them otherwise Reset will fail. Once you reset the device you will need to reallocate all the resources that were using D3DPOOL_DEFAULT. I hope this helps

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS