• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Problems with OpenGL and/or DirectX on Win2000 or Win XP?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 blueboycurtis   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 October 2001 - 01:49 AM

I was wondering if there are any serious issues with trying to use OpenGL and a GeForce or maybe TNT2 card under Windows 2000. I am looking to upgrade to 2000 for various reasons (for one, WIN98 IS PISSING ME OFF) and I just remember that Win NT had a lot of things that were sort of missing or impossible to do on it which set it back a bit. I would really like to be able to use both DirectX AND OpenGL. I have also considered Windows XP, but I really can''t figure out the nuances and differences between all the windows O/S software at this point. XP? ME? 98SE? 2000? Professional? Server? WTF??? Any clues on what would be a good system that DOES support NT/2000 based software as WELL as allowing DirectX/OpenGL development would be highly appreciated

Sponsor:

#2 Gillies   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 October 2001 - 06:38 AM

i am running windows 2000 and a TNT2 card. I had trouble to start with getting the drivers sorted out but now all is well

#3 siaspete   Members   -  Reputation: 208

Posted 19 October 2001 - 06:49 AM

I''m on Win2000 and GeForce 3 - it''s fine. I used to have a GF2 MX, and a TNT. They were both fine too!

- Pete

#4 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 19 October 2001 - 11:48 PM

Windows XP, GeForce2. Works beautifully.

--lloyden

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS