• Create Account

- - - - -

namespace problem(s)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wipe   Members   -  Reputation: 280

1Likes

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

So first thing is: cannot use array<> inside namespace; using [] works just fine

namespace nsTest
{
    array<int> arrgh;
};

Result: "Identifier 'array' is not a data type"

Second thing found when trying to put one of  our modules inside namespace; either it's me failing in reading docs smile.png, or AS in implementing them. Anyway, code is something like this:

// file1
namespace nsTestTwo {
    shared interface nsIface
    {
        nsIface@ parent { get; }
    }
}

// file2
namespace nsTestTwo {
    class nsClass : nsIface
    {
        nsIface@ mommy;

nsClass( nsIface@ parent )
        {
            @this.mommy = parent;
        }

nsIface@ get_parent()
        {
            return( @this.mommy );
        }
    }
}

Fails to compile as well, "Identifier 'nsIface' is not a data type", same thing when i add any func returning nsIface@ to namespace above. If i get rid of namespace only, leaving everything in global scope, everything starts to work. Checked with r1558.

EDIT:

Small correction: "file1" is supposed to be used as a header file for other modules.

Edited by Wipe, 17 February 2013 - 01:36 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3444

0Likes

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

The first one is a current limitation of the namespace feature, in that the compiler doesn't search parent namespaces for matching symbols. I'll be implementing that search soon, until then prepending the symbol with :: tells the compiler to look for the array symbol in the global namespace.

The second problem appear to be a bug. I'll look into this.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

#3 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3444

0Likes

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

I've fixed this bug in revision 1562. Thanks.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS