• Create Account

How to analyze models file

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 zonozz   Members   -  Reputation: 168

0Likes

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

Hi everyone !

I want to know how to analyze model files with DirectX 11 in general ? Because it seems that Microsoft cut the *.x model files analyze interface.

Should I write files output Plug-in for 3D Modeling software ?

Sponsor:

#2 Schrompf   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 954

1Likes

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

You can do that, but it's going to be quite some work. I suggest to use a readymade library to load an intermediate file format instead, such as FBX or Assimp.

----------
Gonna try that "Indie" stuff I keep hearing about. Let's start with Splatter.

#3 L. Spiro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 14232

1Likes

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

It is standard practice to make your own model file format by converting from Autodesk® FBX® or COLLADA™.

Never load these formats directly into your engine.

L. Spiro

It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them. - L. Spiro 2011
I spent most of my life learning the courage it takes to go out and get what I want. Now that I have it, I am not sure exactly what it is that I want. - L. Spiro 2013
I went to my local Subway once to find some guy yelling at the staff. When someone finally came to take my order and asked, “May I help you?”, I replied, “Yeah, I’ll have one asshole to go.”
L. Spiro Engine: http://lspiroengine.com
L. Spiro Engine Forums: http://lspiroengine.com/forums

#4 zonozz   Members   -  Reputation: 168

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

It is standard practice to make your own model file format by converting from Autodesk® FBX® or COLLADA™.

Never load these formats directly into your engine.

L. Spiro

You can do that, but it's going to be quite some work. I suggest to use a readymade library to load an intermediate file format instead, such as FBX or Assimp.

Thank you. I must learn more about this.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS