• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

simple 3D game program

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 KalyanReddy   Members   -  Reputation: 111

0Likes

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hi,

Recently I started learning OpenGL in C++. Now I am familiar with OpenGL, but I am confused with updating values of object. 

I started working on a free fall ball and collision with ground.

My question is where do I have to update my object values?

Simple program must be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

@Kalyan@

Sponsor:

#2 rip-off   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8762

0Likes

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

What have you got working so far?

#3 KalyanReddy   Members   -  Reputation: 111

0Likes

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

What have you got working so far?

I am fallowing openGL superbible 5th edition, based on the examples in that book, I can able to move object with keyboard but I am applying dynamics to objects. Here I am missing where to update values of object.

Hope this makes clear of query..

Edited by KalyanReddy, 18 February 2013 - 10:45 AM.

@Kalyan@

#4 ifthen   Members   -  Reputation: 820

0Likes

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Well, could you paste code which you have so far? We are not wizards and we have not seen your code, so we do not know what is wrong with it.

#5 powly k   Members   -  Reputation: 653

0Likes

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

The same thing that moves the ball when you press a button should move it based on gravity and collisions. Probably a glUniform with the object location. Make your shader active, update the values, render.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS