• Create Account

C/C++ JSON library

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Laval B   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5330

1Likes

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hello everyone

We are switching some of our homemade communication protocol from XML to JSON. This means we need to be able to encode/decode JSON strings. The applications are written in C++ and some must be compiled on Windows as well as Solaris. I've check libraries listed here http://www.json.org/. Though there is a plethora of libs written in C/C++, lots of them aren't interesting for various reasons : many are only parser but we also need the encoder, some are just too big and have too many features we don't need (http clients, ftp client, etc), some are missing key features like good utf-8 support, others aren't thread-safe ...

So far, my choice would probably be json-c-0.9. There is a few things i need to check but this one seems to be a good trade-off. I was wondering what you guys are using (in C or C++ of course). I have no preference for C or C++ as long as the C++ libraries don't overuse exceptions.

Thanks for your answers.

Edited by Laval B, 18 February 2013 - 01:39 PM.

We think in generalities, but we live in details.

Alfred North Whitehead

Sponsor:

#2 EWClay   Members   -  Reputation: 659

0Likes

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

I looked at a few, had similar issues to yours, then got fed up and made my own. JSON is a simple format so it was fairly easy.

Good luck though, there are so many one must be suitable, if you can find it.

#3 Laval B   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5330

0Likes

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

I looked at a few, had similar issues to yours, then got fed up and made my own. JSON is a simple format so it was fairly easy.

Good luck though, there are so many one must be suitable, if you can find it.

Thank you for your feedback.

We think in generalities, but we live in details.

Alfred North Whitehead

#4 dmatter   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3298

0Likes

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

We role our own although that wasn't necessarily a well-informed decision. You could look at Boost Property Tree, I don't know how it stacks up against the rest but if it's any good I'd be interested to know!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS