• Create Account

Name for a female character

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

#1 Wickedrob   Members   -  Reputation: 182

0Likes

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

I need a name for a female whose very talented and she flaunts it in hopes to lower your self esteem.She has a ton of brainwashed people by her side who blindly follow her ignoring her ,rotten personality.She doesn't fight her own battles, she rather but a smartass and teleport away.
Based off of someone I knew in real life named Rachael.
What names do you guys have in mind?

Sponsor:

#2 ShiftyCake   Members   -  Reputation: 569

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

Hi! First off, don't provide us with the name of the person it is based upon, it'll lead to sub-conscious choice prejudice upon deciding the name.

Ohk, so the personality you are describing is one of dominance, with a hint of playfulness  Added with the fact that she is rather intelligent, we could also say that she is overly aggressive  over-confident and considers herself superior.

So we're looking at a women with traits that point to one resounding personality, narcissistic.

In that case, we'd be looking for an exotic name that instills a sense superiority. That tends to be something long enough to make you question her position, but short enough to keep that exotic feeling.

Ohk, now you are set for what you want your name to be like. This leads to how you are going to create this said name. I use two things.

1. I'll google it. I just googled "exotic names" and the first page was a list of different exotic girl names from different country's, a good way to start.

2. I find different names I believe fit the category, and I like, and I put them all otgether. Once I'm satisified I have enough, I'll have a look at all the names. Slowly crossing them out one by one until I reach the name I wish her to have.

Let me show you an example:

So I google exotic names, now I have a huge pile of different names with many I don't even like. At all.

So I create my list,

Exotic names:

Celestine

Delphine

Consuela

Ludovica

Alessia

Now I have my list, hypothetically (your list should be much longer), so I look at it. Ohk, I love the name Celestine for this cahracter so that name stays. Delphine just appears to cute to consider for her, so I get rid of it. Consuela is quite exotic, but I feel as if it is too submissive of a name to keep. Ludovica feels too lovey dovey for me. Alessia appears to be good for dominance, and it is also quite exotic.

So now my list looks like this:

Celestine

Alessia

And now you choose your favourite, which mine would be Celestine. I feel it has the right balance in being exotic, but also showing its hold on superiority. When you do yours, your eliminations will be more the twice, since you'll have a LOT of names preferably.

Now, go ahead. It is your turn, don't just take the name I picked because it is easier. This is YOUR story, so pick a name for your own character. I only wish to help you towards that goal.

If, at any point, what I post is hard to understand, tell me. I am bad at projecting my thoughts into real words, so I appreciate the knowledge that I need to edit my post.

I am not a professional writer, nor a professional game designer. Please, understand that everything you read is simply an opinion of mind and should not, at any point in time, be taken as a credible answer unless validated by others.

I do take brief bouts of disappearance so don't worry if I either don't reply to you or miss certain things. I am quite a lazy fellow.

#3 Woland   Members   -  Reputation: 372

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

Delilah

Want to learn more about the industry? 

games making noob

gamedev newbie's peek inside.

#4 hikarihe   Members   -  Reputation: 243

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

shirona

#5 Wickedrob   Members   -  Reputation: 182

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'm thinking Rosalina.Delilah is good too actually

#6 RZREdge   Members   -  Reputation: 114

0Likes

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Sharona

#7 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10161

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

I need a name for a female whose very talented and she flaunts it in hopes to lower your self esteem.She has a ton of brainwashed people by her side who blindly follow her ignoring her ,rotten personality.She doesn't fight her own battles

Josie

Betty

Hunter

Jacqueline

Natalie

Roxanna

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#8 Stormynature   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3418

0Likes

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

You should go against typecast and confuzzle the peoples. I therefore suggest woman's names ending in "I". Plus the humour of people of blindly following the "typecasted Bimbette" who turns out to be a ruthless bitch is not to be underestimated.

Bambi

Randi

Mindi

Miffi

kerri

Ami

Bindi

Nikki

Heidi

etc.

#9 Fabio M.   Members   -  Reputation: 155

0Likes

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

She's GOT to be called Modesty :P

#10 Tournicoti   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 684

0Likes

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Jean-Claude ?smile.png

Please forgive me, I couldn't avoid to say that biggrin.png

Promise, I shut up right now tongue.png

Syphilys sounds good too

Edited by Tournicoti, 13 March 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#11 Scouting Ninja   Members   -  Reputation: 780

0Likes

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

What about Ardilla, sounds like a flower but is a tree squirrel.

It matches the character, She is talented but rotten personality and squirrels run away.

Edited by Scouting Ninja, 05 March 2013 - 06:20 AM.

#12 herbertsworld   Members   -  Reputation: 276

0Likes

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

If you want something similar to Rachael, I would have to say Rachel.

Another name which captures your character would also be Pandora 

#13 Poigahn   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 520

1Likes

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

You all are off!!  Just way off.

Nikki T

Your Brain contains the Best Program Ever Written : Manage Your Data Wisely !!

#14 Stormynature   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3418

0Likes

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

You should go against typecast and confuzzle the peoples. I therefore suggest woman's names ending in "I". Plus the humour of people of blindly following the "typecasted Bimbette" who turns out to be a ruthless bitch is not to be underestimated.

Bambi

Randi

Mindi

Miffi

kerri

Ami

Bindi

Nikki

You all are off!!  Just way off.

Nikki T

and just how am I off?  :P

#15 ShiftyCake   Members   -  Reputation: 569

0Likes

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

kerri

and just how am I off?  tongue.png

Way off, dear sir, I believe a capital is in order.

If, at any point, what I post is hard to understand, tell me. I am bad at projecting my thoughts into real words, so I appreciate the knowledge that I need to edit my post.

I am not a professional writer, nor a professional game designer. Please, understand that everything you read is simply an opinion of mind and should not, at any point in time, be taken as a credible answer unless validated by others.

I do take brief bouts of disappearance so don't worry if I either don't reply to you or miss certain things. I am quite a lazy fellow.

#16 JustinS   Members   -  Reputation: 209

0Likes

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

If chinese would fit, Zhilaohu would work. It fits with her putting up a front and yet providing no resistance. (Translated, it means "paper tiger" and is the origin of the phrase.)

No man is an island,

Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; 
It tolls for thee.

-John Donne

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS