• Create Account

- - - - -

Assert in as_compiler.cpp, temp variables

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 AgentC   Members   -  Reputation: 1270

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Hi,

for some of the latest AngelScript versions I've been getting an assert in as_compiler.cpp, function CompileStatementBlock, asASSERT( tempVariables.GetLength() == 0; ) . This still persists in the latest SVN revision.

I seem to be able to trigger it (at least) with the following if statement, where RayQueryResult is a value type, Drawable is a reference type, and String is a value type string adapted from the AngelScript addons.

RayQueryResult res;
if (res.drawable.typename == "AnimatedModel") // compiling this triggers the assert
{
  Print("is animated");
}

If I split up the if statement as follows, it will not assert:

RayQueryResult res;
Drawable@ dr = res.drawable;
if (dr.typename == "AnimatedModel")
{
  Print("is animated");
}

The relevant class and function registrations should be:

engine->RegisterObjectType("String", sizeof(String), asOBJ_VALUE | asOBJ_APP_CLASS_CDAK);
engine->RegisterStringFactory("String", asFUNCTION(StringFactory), asCALL_CDECL);
engine->RegisterObjectMethod("String", "bool opEquals(const String&in) const", asMETHODPR(String, operator ==, (const String&) const, bool), asCALL_THISCALL);

engine->RegisterObjectType("Drawable", 0, asOBJ_REF);
engine->RegisterObjectMethod("Drawable", "const String& get_typeName() const", asMETHODPR(Drawable, GetTypeName, () const, const String&), asCALL_THISCALL);

engine->RegisterObjectType("RayQueryResult", sizeof(RayQueryResult), asOBJ_VALUE | asOBJ_POD | asOBJ_APP_CLASS_C);
engine->RegisterObjectBehaviour("RayQueryResult", asBEHAVE_CONSTRUCT, "void f()", asFUNCTION(ConstructRayQueryResult), asCALL_CDECL_OBJLAST);
engine->RegisterObjectMethod("RayQueryResult", "Drawable@+ get_drawable() const", asFUNCTION(RayQueryResultGetDrawable), asCALL_CDECL_OBJLAST);

Edited by AgentC, 19 February 2013 - 10:27 AM.

Every time you add a boolean member variable, God kills a kitten. Every time you create a Manager class, God kills a kitten. Every time you create a Singleton...

Urho3D (engine)  Hessian (C64 game project)

Sponsor:

#2 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3269

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Thanks.

This is very likely related to, and possibly the same bug reported here: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/638613-asassert-in-file-as-compillercpp-line-675/

I will look into this as soon as possible. Hopefully I'll have a fix available by the end of the day today.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

#3 AgentC   Members   -  Reputation: 1270

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Thanks! Like in that other thread, I've also configured the engine for allowing unsafe references, in case that makes a difference.

Every time you add a boolean member variable, God kills a kitten. Every time you create a Manager class, God kills a kitten. Every time you create a Singleton...

#4 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3269

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

The bugs weren't related after all. In fact the bug you reported isn't specific for unsafe references as it's reproduceable even without allowing unsafe references. 

I'm still investigating the cause but it appears to be related to the virtual property accessors, especially the nested access of a virtual property on a virtual property. 

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

#5 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3269

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

I've fixed this bug in revision 1565.

#6 AgentC   Members   -  Reputation: 1270

0Likes

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

Excellent!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS