[Question] Artists

Started by
4 comments, last by Mr_P3rf3ct 11 years, 1 month ago

Ok, so me and my friend are making a text-based game, which is accompanied by pixel animations, so that once the user says something, i.e. "Move to the left and walk to the front door", the animated character will do it. Now the problem is, we don't have a artist, where can I find pixel artists? And for that matter, can someone give me a tutorial on pixel art and how to do it? I am a complete beginner.

Advertisement

If you want to find a hobbyist pixel artist, try the hobbyist section of the Classifieds.
If you want to learn how to do pixel art yourself... Well, do you have an eye for color, and can you draw on paper? Or are you really a beginner to art in every aspect?

I guess either way, searching "Pixel art tutorials" couldn't hurt and would probably answer a lot of your questions.

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/pixel-art-tutorials/

If you want to find pixel artists than you really should try and post in the hobbyist section. Keep in mind that pixel art ( while fun to make ) is a niche thing. Most high end people are focusing on 3d graphics and concept art. That said, there are plenty who boast their pixel skills as that is where most of us oldies started out.

To be honest, pixel art is complete different than drawing on paper. It's all about math based drawing. You have to know where to put the right number of pixels to make the shapes you want. Eye for color? Yes you need that. If you don't know anything about lighting or shading you're going to fail. But yeah, it's easy to do, if you know those things. It's just really time consuming. Reason being, you're drawing pixel by pixel. It's really rewarding when you get a sprite sheet and you character is moving around though.

As far as finding an artist, just like the other guy said, look in the classifieds section. I'm an artist looking for work btw ^_^

To be honest, pixel art is complete different than drawing on paper. It's all about math based drawing. You have to know where to put the right number of pixels to make the shapes you want. Eye for color? Yes you need that. If you don't know anything about lighting or shading you're going to fail. But yeah, it's easy to do, if you know those things. It's just really time consuming. Reason being, you're drawing pixel by pixel. It's really rewarding when you get a sprite sheet and you character is moving around though.

As far as finding an artist, just like the other guy said, look in the classifieds section. I'm an artist looking for work btw happy.png

Well, I don't have an eye for color ><" anyway we found an artist, and since this is an unpaid position I don't think you'll be interested.

Thanks anyway

You're right. I have 3 projects that are unpaid that I'm working on. I need money so the only project I'll take now is paid. Congratz on finding an artist though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement