I made a multiplayer game and I wish to let it works in a smartphone.
It is how it works now: At this time it is a web app and the
- user choose an ID and a password,
- then creates a new game,
- the server returns the code of the new game created,
- the other players join the game corresponding to that code.
I don't know the logic I should use in a smartphone, e.g. :
- it seems rude to ask the user a ID and a password,
- it seems stupid to me to have such a complex way to manage the hosting/joining mechanism: whould be much simpler if the user just search the friends to invite in his phone-contact-list
However, usually what should be the most convenient way to implement a multiplayer game in a smartphone, particularly for what concern the logging-in, the search of friends, the hosting and the joining?