• Create Account

Copying and Pasting in the Edit Box Results in Word-Wrapping

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ectara   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2970

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Recently, when I copy text from an edit box, refresh the page, then past it back into the edit box, the text becomes word-wrapped to a given number of characters, though not breaking word boundaries. This might be browser dependent, but it never used to happen. I consider it to be of importance because I learned to copy-paste before posting, so when there were server troubles about an hour ago, I refreshed the page, and pasted the post, then had to go remove all of the extra newlines.

Edited by Ectara, 20 February 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Ectara   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2970

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Here is a really long line asldfaiusfdh oiasdhf oiasdhf aoidsfha oisdfuoha sidufhaoisdfh aisudhfoiasduhf oisaudfh oiasdhfoia usdhfaoiusd hfoiasudhf oiasduhf aoisduhf oiasduhf oiausd hfoiausd hfaoisudfh as

#3 Ectara   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2970

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Here is a really long line asldfaiusfdh oiasdhf oiasdhf aoidsfha
oisdfuoha sidufhaoisdfh aisudhfoiasduhf oisaudfh oiasdhfoia usdhfaoiusd
hfoiasudhf oiasduhf aoisduhf oiasduhf oiausd hfoiausd hfaoisudfh as

This is what comes out when I just copy-pasted the contents of the previous edit box.

Edited by Michael Tanczos, 20 February 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#4 Ectara   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2970

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

It doesn't occur when I enter plaintext mode, so I'm not sure that it's my browser.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS